Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The "in" thing

Every year there is some fad or other, that all the garden centers and landscapers get into. This year it's fairy gardens.  

They are basically small, complete, container gardens with little stone pathways, tiny doll-house size benches and bird-houses and little fairy statues.  

They fill these little gardens with miniature ferns, mosses and succulents.  I think they are lovely, but the fairy thing is not really me.  


Instead, I've done a few small container gardens using the same basic idea, but instead of fairies I'm just using little pretty stones my five year old collects and have found some tiny little gazing globe type things to stick in.

I've done one for work and a couple for the patio and even made one to take to my mom. I think they've turned out pretty and I love ferns of any kind so I've been able to find a use some types that are just too delicate to put in the ground.  

I am thinking about doing a container around a bonsai if I can just find the right type of tree to use.  I've never had much luck with them. Something new to try and master I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment