Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The smell of Spring

With it being spring, one of my favorite flowers is around in abundance, just not in our garden yet.  We planted a lilac last year and while it's grown, it's really too small for me to start trimming flowers for bouquets yet.  I can't wait until it's large and overflowing with blossoms, just like the ones at the house I grew up in.  I remember sitting under them and just loving the smell so much.  My bedroom smells lovely right now with 3 large vases full of them.
My mom has 2 good sized bushes in her garden though, so for the last three days, I've driven down and snipped about a million sprigs and have them in vases all over the house, much to the delight of our curious and troublesome siamese, Ruby. 

She loves them almost as much as I do, the only problem is she just wants to pull them from the vases and either eat them or scatter them around the house.  She's just too cute to get really angry with though, don't you think?



I also brought two large vases full to work to brighten up my desk, the atmosphere here has been pretty gloomy lately and it's rubbing off on me. I'm trying hard to keep smiling and not let the stress and conflict get to me.  It gets harder some days though. I just keep sniffing the blooms and counting the hours until I can go home and relax knowing my kids and my husband will be waiting to cheer me up.





No comments:

Post a Comment