Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Additions


We bought a couple of new additions to the garden already this year, my favorite of course being my large stone buddha. 

I saw him weeks ago at the garden shop, wrapped up on a pallet and fell in love with him. I waited and found him tucked in with banana trees starting to come up in the greenhouse the other day and convinced the hubby that he really needed to come home with us. 

We went and picked him up that day. He's a fat and happy little guy, my favorite incarnation. Once we got him home and put him in my shade garden, he looks like he's been there all along. I think I'm going to add some small flowering plant to grow up in front of him, and my ferns and mouse-ear hostas are going to make him feel right at home.



The other item is a large copper gecko that lays flat against our garage wall. He's my husband's choice and I love him too. 

We've hung him just beside the door and he looks perfect there. We're going to get a smaller one to go along with it. He says he needs more little things in the yard as my collection of mushroom/toadstool statues and other little things are taking over. 

Also, my hubby loves the little lantana plants so we've put a couple of new ones for the summer. They are so cute. He calls them lego plants, but I remember people calling them bacon and eggs when I was a kid.  I think those were the red, orange and yellow ones though.





No comments:

Post a Comment